YouTube’s Robert Kyncl Added as Dinner Speaker
June 5, 2015 – A working agenda is now available for the Technology Policy Institute’s 2015 Aspen Forum, scheduled for August 16 – 18. Registration for the signature event can be performed on the TPI website and reduced fees are offered until July 1.
This year’s Monday evening dinner speaker will be Robert Kyncl, Vice President and Global Head of Business for YouTube at Google. Described by the New Yorker as “the architect of the single largest cultural transformation in YouTube’s… history,” Kyncl oversees all business functions related to YouTube including content, sales, marketing, platforms, access, and strategy. He was previously Vice President of Content at Netflix, where he spearheaded the company’s content acquisition for streaming TV shows and movies over the Internet.
Additional keynote speakers at this year’s Forum are Timothy F. Bresnahan, Landau Professor in Technology and the Economy and Professor of Economics, Graduate School of Business at Stanford University and the Honorable Michelle K. Lee, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
The 2015 Forum will include panels and off-the-record workshops on such topics as:
- Fall and Rise of the Regulatory State
- Whose Rules? Internet Regulations in a Global Economy
- Big Data, Privacy and the Internet of Things
- Congress and the FCC after the Net Neutrality Order
- Creative Destruction in the Creative Industries: How Technology is Changing Content Business Models
- Universal Service: Towards Broadband, Efficiency and Equity
- Music Licensing: Moving to the Digital Era
- Intellectual Property, Standard Setting Organizations and Competition Policy
- Emerging Issues in Unlicensed Spectrum
Additional speakers will be announced in upcoming weeks.
Register now for a discounted rate for industry and trade association attendees. For additional information, please contact Jane Creel at [email protected]. Members of the press can contact Amy Smorodin at [email protected] for complimentary registration.
The Technology Policy Institute
The Technology Policy Institute is a non-profit research and educational organization that focuses on the economics of innovation, technological change, and related regulation in the United States and around the world. More information is available at https://techpolicyinstitute.org/.