The transatlantic relationship has always been complex, particularly with respect to digital and technology policy. New technologies and recent political changes, including the war in Ukraine and threats from China, have further deepened the complexities and importance of the United States – Europe relationship. This panel discussion will explore areas in which the two sides are working harmoniously and deepening digital and tech cooperation as well as areas where they have competing interests and how we might resolve those issues going forward.
- Jennifer Bachus, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Cyberspace and Digital Policy, U.S. Department of State
- Meredith Broadbent, Senior Adviser, Scholl Chair in International Business, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Peter Brown, Senior Adviser/First Counsellor on Technology Policy, European Parliament
- Wolfgang Kopf, Senior Vice President, Group Public and Regulatory Affairs, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Ambassador David Gross (moderator), Partner, Wiley Rein LLP
The TPI Aspen Forum will be held at the St. Regis Aspen Resort in Aspen, Colorado from August 20-22, 2023. For more information and to register, please visit www.tpiaspenforum.tech.