This panel will discuss the challenges facing content moderators of how to decide what misinformation is, who gets to make the final decision about what is and isn’t a fact, and what the government should do, if anything, to influence content moderation. The group will also consider the implications of content moderation for free speech and democracy.
- Jay Bhattacharya, Professor of Health Policy, Stanford University
- Laura Bisesto, Global Head of Policy, Privacy, Compliance and Deputy General Counsel, Nextdoor
- Ashkhen Kazaryan, Senior Fellow, Free Speech & Peace, Stand Together
- Julie Owono, Facebook Oversight Board, Executive Director of the Content Policy & Society Lab and Fellow, Program on Democracy and the Internet, Stanford University
- Jason Willick (moderator), Opinion Columnist, The Washington Post
The TPI Aspen Forum will be held at the St. Regis Aspen Resort in Aspen, Colorado from August 20-22, 2023. For more information and to register for the event, please visit www.tpiaspenforum.tech.