TPI Aspen Goes Virtual: Streaming and Bundling, or What Kind of Society Gives Tiger King a Platform?
A Friday, October 23rd panel will discuss the future of streaming and entertainment, and how it has been affected by the pandemic.
Panel: Streaming and Bundling
The popularity of streaming video and other types of entertainment, already growing rapidly before the pandemic, accelerated once so many people were stuck at home and other forms of entertainment closed. This burst in popularity raises a number of questions. How many streaming services will consumers be willing to pay for? Who are the winners and losers likely to be? What does it mean for the future of the traditional pay TV bundle? This expert panel will discuss these issues from several perspectives, and features:
- Laura Martin, Senior Analyst, Entertainment, Cable and Media, Needham & Company LLC
- Rahul Telang, Trustees Professor of Information Systems, Heinz College at Carnegie Mellon University
- Andrew Wallenstein, President and Chief Media Analyst, Variety Intelligence Platform
- Ali Yurukoglu, Associate Professor, Economics, Stanford University Graduate School of Business
- Scott Wallsten (moderator), President and Senior Fellow, Technology Policy Institute
CLE Credit for Virginia Lawyers
5.5 hours of CLE credits have been approved with the Virginia Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board. Attorneys seeking CLE credits should contact Sarah Oh at email@example.com for more information.
For Additional Information:
Jane Creel, 202-828-4405, firstname.lastname@example.org
Press Contact for Complimentary Registration:
Lindsay Poss, email@example.com
The Technology Policy Institute
The Technology Policy Institute is a non-profit research and educational organization that focuses on the economics of innovation, technological change, and related regulation in the United States and around the world. More information is available at http://www.techpolicyinstitute.org/.