The Facebook-Cambridge Analytica (CA) controversy has it all – big tech, privacy, the Trump campaign, and the never-ending attempt to relitigate the 2016 election. It even managed to push Stormy Daniels off the front page.
The question now is what, if anything, policymakers should do in response and what the outcome will be. With Facebook pledging reforms, users demanding more transparency and lawmakers considering legislative fixes, the fallout from this issue could reshape how consumers’ data is used and shared – with lasting effects on our online lives.
Join the Technology Policy Institute as we bring together a panel of experts to provide insight and answers into what the Facebook data issue means to tech companies, policy makers and consumers alike.
Lunch will be provided.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Howard Beales, Professor of Strategic Management & Public Policy, George Washington University
- Stuart Ingis, Chairman, Venable, LLP
- Adam Thierer, Senior Research Fellow, Mercatus Center at George Mason University
- Josephine Wolff, Assistant Professor of Public Policy, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Thomas Lenard, Senior Fellow and President Emeritus, TPI (moderator)
Register today to attend this important and timely discussion.
Date and Time
- April 16, 2018
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Venue Website: http://www.tothevents.comAddress: