- This event has passed.
What Does the EO Mean for Crypto Policy?
March 30 @ 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm
On March 9, 2022, the White House released an Executive Order, Ensuring Responsible Development of Digital Assets, in which President Biden directed federal agencies to produce over a dozen studies and reports over the next 3 to 6 months. Of concern to the President are central bank digital currency (CBDC), illicit finance, international engagement, and financial stability. In this virtual panel, experts in crypto regulation will give their takes on how the EO will shape digital asset policy in the United States and whether these regulatory efforts will be good or bad for the crypto industry and the broader economy.Panelists:
- Paul Brigner, Head of U.S. Public Policy and Strategic Advocacy, Electric Coin Company
- Kara Calvert, Head of U.S. Policy, Coinbase
- Paul Kupiec, Senior Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
- Jennifer Lassiter, Executive Director, The Digital Dollar Project
- David Mills, Associate Director, Reserve Bank Operations and Payment Systems, U.S. Federal Reserve Board
- Other speakers announced soon
- Sarah Oh (moderator), Senior Fellow, Technology Policy Institute