Seemingly overnight, “evidence-based policy” is in vogue. The idea is simple and uncontroversial: The government should produce better evidence and use it to make decisions. But actually getting legislators and policymakers to do that, especially in today’s politically charged environment, is a tall order. This event takes on that challenge.
The recently passed Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act provides a vehicle for making evidence-based policy a true input into policymaking, and now committed people must drive it to reality.
We hope you can join us.
To register, please click here. Space is limited.
- Andy Feldman, Director, Public Sector, Grant Thornton
- Paul Ferraro, Bloomberg Distinguished Professor, Johns Hopkins University
- Robert Hahn, Senior Fellow, Technology Policy Institute and Visiting Professor, Smith School, University of Oxford
- Sam Quinney, Director, The Lab @ DC
- Robert Shea, Principal and Member, Public Sector, Grant Thorton
- Emily Schmitt, Deputy Director, Office of Planning Research and Evaluation, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Jessica Barrett Simpson, Program Manager, U.S. Department of Education
DATE AND TIME
November 5, 2019
8:30 – 11:30 am
Technology Policy Institute Conference Center
409 12th Street SW
Washington, DC 20024